Thursday, January 19, 2017

Look Natural!

Can you believe I haven't posted since we opened the shop in October?  Yikes!!!  We've been busy.  I wanted to chat about the endless possibilities of decor!  I do not profess to be an interior designer, but I LOVE decorating!  My motto is:  "Decorate with the things you love".  I'd like to share "a few of my favorite things" and tell you why I love them.


My favorite "wood" piece of furniture!  This was my grandmother's piano, the one I grew up playing, and now a treasure that will NEVER be painted.
I ran across this adorable little antique side table in a consignment shop that my mom, sister, and I stumbled upon.  We had such a great time and I was more than delighted to find that the finish color and design was a perfect match to my beautiful piano.

This piece was purchased from an antique store in Lehi.  It's not here anymore, but I have the fondest memories of our "Tuesday meetings".  My mom and I would meet at Outpost Antiques with our friends, have a doughnut, and make our purchases.  The leather purse is my grandmother's.

This amazing table came from my Grandfather's home.  It's...wait for it...oak!  Bleh.  No, not bleh.  I love it!  It is in perfect shape and I want to remember it as it was in his home.

In the master bedroom, I've hung a window that came from my grandfather's farm.  The trunk was one of my first "big" antique purchases.  I have dress up clothes inside.

This amazing frame was once a mirror!  When we moved back to Lehi, my oldest son accidentally broke the mirror.  I was sick at first and then realized that it would be just as fantastic as a frame.  I got the wreath at Scrooge & Marley's which, sadly, closed it's doors.


I hope as you visit the shop, you'll see the potential of the natural wood in your decor in harmony with the pops of color.  Surround yourself with things that you 
💙!



With Love,
  post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment